Right from the various assignments I did during my MA to the almost daily welcome speeches and thank you notes, my life is thoroughly indebted to Google!
This topic came out of the blue for me when quite randomly I told a friend of mine that if I'd ever write an autobiography some day one whole chapter would be dedicated to Google! So then, this post can be a prequel to it.
Who found what?
Who is the father of whom?
Did they really get hitched?
What to make for dinner today?
How to write a novel?
How famous is my friend?
What does that word mean again?
Is there a hartal tomorrow?
How mad am I?
When did Maya Angelou die?
Where on earth am I now?
What is all the row about Saritha Nair?
Why is my 3-year old too stubborn?
... n number of questions I asked Google, and it did reply faithfully.
Google has made me quite humbler, as it has made me understand I know nothing when compared to the vast knowledge it possesses. Google has made me respect my elders more. Didn't they acquire their degrees and write essays and papers with no help from Google? It has made me respect time even more. If it were not for Google, millions of seconds of lethargy would have been converted to useless activities of search, find, write, edit, re-search, re-find, re-write and re-edit.
Yes, I am a Googler and insanely proud of being one.
No comments:
Post a Comment