Saturday, May 28, 2016

... About Why I Write

People might attempt to pick up a pen and a paper for different reasons. Each one might have his/her own justifications. Some might say they write to earn a name for themselves, while some to change the world. A few have said they do it to feel alive. Well.. my defence is I write because I simply hate to die of suffocation or of asphyxiation. As weird and exaggerated as it sounds, yes... 

I write the most when there is too much held inside and needs an outlet. 
I write when I need to let the pent up anger, sorrow and disgust out.
I write because I have this overwhelming urge to do it.
I write because if I don't, I fear the world closing in on me. 
I write to set me free.
I write to calm my erratic heart beats.
I write because it is my way of running away. 
I write when nothing or nobody can help me. 
I write when I can steal some solitude when it gets denied. 
I write not because I have something to say. Though I do that rarely when I am forced to, by an external force, like people! 
I write not for people to judge me as a person. Of course, you can judge me as a writer. 
I may or may not write about the immediate distress in hand. 
I may or may not be writing about you, or even about me. When I pick up the pen and the paper, or log on to my system to write, I am totally in the dark about what to write.
I write so that I can get it done and go back to my life, a bit more composed. 
I write not because it's my hobby or my career, but because it is my lifeline to sanity. 

Mission accomplished for the day. I can feel the air. 


1 comment: